I love a good bowl of soup as much as the next person, and this gorgeous weather calls for something a little more summery.
This Pea and Ham Soup takes about 30-45 minutes to prepare and if you make enough it can be fridged, frozen or just fed straight to friends and family!
Bag of frozen peas
One clove garlic
Chilli flakes (optional)
One pack pancetta
One pack ham hock
Chicken/vegetable stock (I favour Knorr)
- Heat a large saucepan on a medium heat and add a splash of olive oil.
- Finely chop the onion and slowly cook it in the pan (don’t let it colour).
- Add the pancetta, a teaspoon of chilli, salt, pepper and garlic (crushed or sliced) and cook for 4/5 mins.
- Boil the kettle and mix in the stock cube. Then add to the pan (to about half full).
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the peas and boil until they float to the surface (this is the sign that they are cooked).
- Take of the heat and blend (be careful, if you aren’t using a stick blender you will need to wait until it has cooled).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat (if you let it cool)
- Serve with the ham hock and a handful of freshly cooked peas (for texture).
- I also like to swirl through a teaspoon of natural yoghurt, but that’s up to you!
- Serve with fresh gluten free bread, or on its own, and enjoy!
Little Miss GF x